In the Village of Gwynfe, boasting fantastic panoramic views of the Black Mountain, Rhiw Ddu Cottages is located within the Brecon Beacons National Park. With unspoiled views of the welsh hills and an elevated position, Rhiw Ddu is the ideal location to escape. With the Market towns of Llandovery, Llanwrtyd Wells and Llandeilo nearby there are plenty of shops, restaurants and pubs within short driving distance.
Rhiw Ddu’s location within the Brecon Beacons National Park is perfect for those of you who like outdoor pursuits with plenty of activities available including:
- Walking, including the track up to Llyn-y-Fan Fach where the well known folk tale of “The Lady of the Lake” is derived as well as the legend of the Physicians of Myddfai.
- Excellent Water sports nearby including Llangorse Lake and activity centre, The Gower,Pembrokeshire and Swansea
- Excellent trout and salmon fishing on the Towy, Usk and Usk Reservoir with various private and public fisheries
- Golf at Brecon, Llandovery or Glyn Hir near Ammanford
- Bike Riding
- Bird watching including the well known Red Kite Feeding Station nearby in Llanddeusant